Exclusive web design leads are valuable for marketing agencies and freelance designers. Unfortunately, with so much competition, leads are harder to secure in 2022. Some agencies even resort to buying shared leads, reducing conversion rates, and limiting repeat customers.
The good news is that there are still effective ways to generate exclusive web design leads in 2022. You just need to know how to approach the lead generation process. Below, Nolen Walker Academy outlines five fantastic ways to bring in exclusive web design customers in 2022.
1) Make Contact Conveinenent
So many digital marketing agencies lose out on leads because of user inconvenience. When users find your website, it should be easy to submit a contact form. Your forms should appear prominently on the homepage and in the footer of other conversion pages.
Not everyone wants to talk on the phone immediately, so provide different ways to contact your business. It’s even more essential to ensure easy contact via mobile device. Contact forms must be responsive to any smartphone or tablet so users can quickly contact your company.
A homepage contact form makes a big difference in lead generation
2) Stay in Touch With Email
Every dollar you put into your email marketing campaign can return $42. It’s true! Email marketing has one of the highest ROIs of any lead-generation strategy, no matter the industry. For web design agencies, email marketing is a must.
But you must be careful with your strategy because you never want to be too spammy. So first, you must generate a good list of prospects based on past company interactions, impressions, and interests. Once you have a good list, try the following tips:
- Be Personal: Studies show that people are more likely to open your email if it has a personalized subject line. You can personalize it by including their name or mentioning a service the recipient has expressed interest in.
- Use An Emoji: The average email user gets dozens of emails daily, so it can be tough to make yours stand out. A simple emoji can make it look like you put more thought and effort into your message than you probably did.
- Use Blog Content: You don’t always want to be too sales-y with your emails. Every once in a while, including an exciting snippet from one of your blogs entices the recipient.
- Don’t Send Too Often: A couple of weekly emails for web design agencies is probably enough. Remember that you don’t want to be too spammy. If you are, you risk your leads hitting the dreaded” Unsubscribe” button.
3) Delegate Lead Generation Tasks
Small web design agencies probably don’t have the workforce to spare on lead generation. But that might not be the case for you. So when possible, it’s always a good idea to appoint the lead generation task to one person or a small group.
That way, you’re freed up to tend to more critical business matters. Be sure to check in with your lead-generation appointee(s) often and discuss their strategy to generate exclusive web design leads. Delegation is easy when you build an experienced SEO team for your agency.
4) Leverage Reputation & Reviews
Your agency should have a Google Business Profile at the bare minimum. But it would be best to use favorable reviews as a promotional tool. So, respond to as many reviews as possible, whether good or bad.
You should also utilize reputation management software to display your reviews on your website. One great tool for reputation management is DataPins, which also helps boost your local SEO through schema markup.
5) Go All-in on Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the best way to produce exclusive web design leads. If you can rank for keywords like web design in miami, or web design seattle, you will pick up consistent leads. Web designers in smaller towns can more easily rank for these location keywords though fewer people will click.
Check out some of the basic tenants of SEO for web design agencies:
- Keyword Research: Keywords are still essential in getting your website in front of people interested in your business. Research your target keywords and implement them throughout your site.
- Link Building: Links are an essential ranking factor, so make sure you have internal links on every page and reach out to colleagues, local business directories, and even HARO to get more backlinks.
- Blogging: Create informational blog posts that target high-volume national keywords. These posts bring in traffic from all over the nation and naturally earn backlinks from authority sites.
Why Are Exclusive Web Design Leads Important?
Exclusive leads are important because they convert at a much higher rate than shared leads. You will be the only person reaching out to the consumer with exclusive leads. Exclusive leads are much more valuable as they save you time, allow you to charge a standard or premium price for your service, and they are much more likely to result in a sale.
Learn How to Start a Web Design Agency
If you have web design skillsets but lack the knowledge to start your own agency, enroll in Nolen Walker Academy. NWAcademy helps students create their own digital marketing agency in 2022, including extensive courses on lead generation, sales, and branding your agency.