Processing your options for commercial roofing materials can be overwhelming. With seemingly endless choices, how do commercial property owners know where to begin? It starts with information. One of the most popular and well known commercial roofing systems are single ply membranes. These durable membranes can be installed as a single layer, making their integration seamless and cost effective. Best of all, the membrane provides superior durability over a long lifespan. Advantages to single ply roofing membranes include:
- Ease of Installation: As a single layer, labor costs are cut, and installations are fast
- Impact Resistance: Can withstand impact like that from hail and debris
- Low Maintenance: Requires very little maintenance for a roof
- Reflectivity: Reflects harmful UV rays, keeping the interior cool, and the membrane healthy
The qualities above helps illustrate why these membranes are so popular to begin with. For commercial property owners in the market for single ply roofing in Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX, the contractors at Walker Commercial Roofing are an ideal fit. We are both a local and industry leader in single ply roofing, whether its installation, repair, restoration, or coatings. Our excellent staff combines knowledge with courtesy, creating an unrivaled customer service for each of our clients. To get started, call 817-484-5411 today!
Single Ply Roofing Options
Before moving forward with single ply roofing, it’s recommended that you familiarize yourself with the different types of membranes. EPDM, sometimes known simply as; rubber roofing, is the most common variation of single ply membrane. It’s lightweight makes it easy to install, and doesn’t sacrifice durability in the process. Rubber roofs are sold in large pieces, empowering contractors to use only a single membrane for installation, a scenario that reduces the number of seams. Take a look at our single ply roofing options below:
- EPDM Roofing EPDM is an affordable and durable flat roofing option for commercial property owners. For businesses on a budget, it’s hard to see a downside to EPDM or rubber roofs.
- PVC Roofing Buildings that are considered “state of the art” often utilize PVC roofing for the highest standard of durability. PVC roofing represents the ultimate line of defense for commercial buildings across industries.
- TPO Roofing TPO emulates PVC but requires much less of a financial commitment from building owners. While its durability is not quite at the level of PVC, it is close enough to make it worthwhile.
- Vulcanized Rubber These rubber roofing membranes are sealed and bonded BEFORE installation. As a diversion from TPO and PVC, which are sealed after being applied, vulcanized rubber is sealed before application.
While EPDM roofing is the most discussed form of single ply membrane, the rest of the list above proves that it’s not the only one. PVC and TPO are acronyms you may have heard in passing. Designed as thermoplastic membranes, these two roofing types offer leak-proof seams which are heat-welded for perfect sealing. Commercial buildings that consider themselves to be “state of the art” often opt for PVC roofing, because of its renowned durability — within a category of roofing that is already known for resilience. Our contractors can help you understand each of your options, and select the one that is best for your situation.
Experts You Can Count On
Property owners interested in upgrading their commercial roof can garner excellent value with single ply membranes. Walker Commercial Roofing offers single ply roofing services to all of Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX. Decisions of this magnitude are not meant to made on a whim, which is why we discuss each of your options, in detail, before moving forward with a final decision. There are various factors to consider, including cost, climate, longevity, etc. There’s no one size fits all roofing solution. It may vary from coatings to replacement, depending on the scenario.
There’s no shortage of manipulation in the commercial roofing industry. With properties so large in size and scope, it’s hard for some contractors not to see green when looking at a commercial building. Individuals like these will often push their clients towards replacement, as that is a more expensive service and one that makes the most financial sense for the roofing contractor. At Walker Commercial Roofing we take a different approach. We go over each option to find the most affordable and appropriate choice for your case. Call 817-484-5411 for single ply roofing services in Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX.