What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing refers to the deliberate presentation of relevant and valuable web content with the objective of engaging a specified audience and converting them into customers. In contrast to traditional marketing techniques such as “pitches” or proposals, content marketing relies on the value of information, rather than one’s ability to enhance its perceived value. Well presented content marketing includes:
- Relevance: Google does not appreciate websites that attempt to rank for keywords that have no relevance to their brand or services, and prioritize sites that are relevant to the keyword, and are targeting a specific audience
- Uniqueness: Is the presented information readily available? Or is your content offering a new idea or perspective regarding the subject, or service?
- User Friendliness: Pages made for the user, and not for search engines, are the ones that have the highest SEO potential
- Value: Is your content a bunch of semantics? Or does it clearly and convincingly enhance a user’s experience in some way, whether it be a solution to a problem, an answer to a question, etc.
Content marketing is a popular technique throughout industries. It’s inherent value lies in its authenticity, which is what customers will ultimately gravitate towards. In contrast to manipulation and spam, well written content establishes your company as trustworthy and reputable. As a result, customers will be more likely to invest, both emotionally and financially. At Nolen Walker we follow Google’s quality guidelines to ensure the ranking potential of your website. Start marketing your content today by calling 866-356-8198!
Where Is Content Marketing Used?
There are several ways to use content to help your company grow its customer base, and establish itself as authoritative within its respective industry. With so many content channels available on the internet, we will break down the best mediums below:
- Blog: Constructing well written, and topic appropriate blogs will drive more traffic to your website
- Directory Listings: Optimizing your citation sources with well written descriptions can enhance your page value
- Social Media: So many social media profiles come across as spammy because their content is automated, and boring, it is your job to do the opposite
- Website: Content is king, and your website is your most valuable online asset, making unique and engaging content a necessity
There are certainly the most important sources for content marketing. Still, there are other places where companies should be mindful of content. Review websites like Yelp should be monitored for reputation management, and each negative review should be responded to in a professional manner.
Benefits of Content Marketing
So you might be thinking, what are the benefits of content marketing? There are several ways in which content marketing distinguishes itself from other forms. Content that presents well for users will always have more inherent value than spam-like, automated content. Top businesses in the world employ content marketing, to both generate new customers, and sustain their loyalty.
Nolen Walker offers content marketing services for small businesses. We believe that the best way to establish an online presence, is through authentic marketing practices. We have years of experience working with companies in the service industry, and have had great success establishing their online presence. Call 866-356-8198 for content marketing services.