House cleaning SEO comes into play because the fact is that there are most certainly people who are willing to pay for house cleaning. And those people are using the internet to find local house cleaning services they can trust.
House cleaning SEO is, therefore, not only about getting seen by the people who want to hire house cleaners; it’s also about making your business as reputable and attractive as possible in the eyes of consumers.
So in the following post, Nolen Walker Academy offers essential tips on increasing your online visibility and helping your business stand out in the crowd. In addition, we are available for new student enrollments at Nolen Walker Academy if you are ready to utilize SEO to expand your house cleaning business.
What is House Cleaning SEO?
Before we get into the details, we know that many people don’t even know what SEO is. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a form of digital marketing that focuses on getting your website to appear on the first page and as high up on the first page of search engine results as possible.
For example, let’s say you are hungry and want to find a good pizza place near your house. You are likely to pop open your laptop or use your phone to go to a search engine like Google and type in something like “pizza restaurants near me.” Now how likely are you to click through to the second page of results? Not very likely, right?
Only 4.8% of people click on the second search engine results page. That means the businesses showing up on the second page aren’t getting any web traffic and losing out on much business. So it’s clear that the first page is where you want to generate the most leads and give yourself the best chance to convert.
Get Listed on Google Business Profile
Did you know that nearly half of all Google searches come from people looking for information on local businesses and services? It makes sense too. After all, no one in Los Angeles will be looking for a house cleaning service based in San Diego. One way to appear on more local searches is to get listed on Google Business Profile.
Business Google Profile listings appear on the Google Local Map Pack. The Google Local Map Pack appears near the top of the first page on nearly all local searches. So one of the simplest ways to ensure your website appears on the first search engine results page is to sign up for Google Business Profile.
You can get started here, and the best thing about it is that it’s an entirely free service.
All you have to do is submit documentation, so Google can verify you as a real business, but after that, you’re in!
Manage Your Reviews
In the intro to this post, we told you we would also provide tips for making your cleaning business stand out. One of the best ways to make your business appear professional and reputable in consumers’ eyes is by ensuring you have an excellent online reputation. It starts with being present on as many review websites as possible.
Make it easy for people to find your business and leave a review for it. Of course, it would help if you also asked your customers to leave reviews for your business, so you get a healthy stream of new reviews every month. Once you start getting a good amount of reviews, here are some tips to keep in mind for managing them successfully:
- Respond to Them: Respond to as many reviews as possible. It shows past and potential customers that you care about their experience with your business. It’s imperative to respond to negative reviews. Acknowledge the complaint, thank them for their input and explain how you will do better in the future.
- Use Reputation Management Software: As you start getting more reviews, you will find that managing them becomes a job in and of itself. That’s why reputation management software is beneficial. It allows you to see your reviews in one place instead of tracking them down on different sites. It also automates the review request process. DataPins makes a great reputation management software suite ideal for small businesses.
- Try to Keep A Good Balance: Oddly enough, you don’t want a perfect 5-star rating on any review platform. It tends to arouse suspicion in the minds of consumers. Instead, you want to be somewhere between 4.4 and 4.8 stars.
Choose Good Keywords
Your on-site optimization strategy should include a healthy dose of keyword usage. For example, specific keywords are used by consumers looking for house cleaning services. You can use an online keyword research tool to find out what those keywords are. Then you should:
- Include Them in Page Copy: Your service pages should include these keywords in the written copy.
- Use Yoast to Help: If you use WordPress for your site, you should also use the free SEO tool. Yoast will make it easier for you to insert your keywords into the page descriptions and headings of the pages of your website without having to be familiar with coding.
- Create Blog Posts Around Your Keywords: You should use your keyword lists to inform your blog topics, helping generate more traffic to your site from people interested in your services.
Be Present on Social Media
Last but not least, social media outlets like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and even TikTok are invaluable marketing tools in 2022. Your business should be present on all of them. Try to post interesting, funny, or informative content as often as possible but don’t spam your followers’ feeds.
You may also find it helpful to start a Facebook group for consumers who have questions or are interested in a house cleaning service.
Learn House Cleaning SEO at Nolen Walker Academy
House cleaning SEO is easy to start with; but more difficult to master. So, once you have conquered all the above tips, get in touch with us here at Nolen Walker Academy to take your house cleaning SEO efforts to the next level! Our SEO training program takes you through hours of course materials with SEO professionals.