Internet lead generation continues to gravitate towards mobile searches and mobile devices. Smart Insights reports that in the U.S., 71% of all digital minutes are spent on mobile devices. If you are a service company looking to generate business online, a mobile website is now a necessity. But having one is not enough, your mobile website should have these characteristics:
- Call to Action: Embed phone number links within your content to give potential customers a direct and immediate line of communication
- Navigation: Your mobile website is ineffective if it can’t be navigated, so if users are seeing out of focus page displays, or illegible text, your sales conversion potential is low
- Responsiveness: There are an abundance of smartphone manufacturers, with variations and models within each of them, your website must be well displayed on all devices
- Speed: Users on the go want information fast, use Google Test My Site to determine your mobile speed
Nolen Walker will handle all of these aspects for you, as part of our all-inclusive internet marketing services. We build each of our websites with responsive design so that users of all mobile devices can access your website and navigate through it, efficiently. Call 866-356-8198 for custom mobile web design!
Why Focus on Mobile Design?
Compared to the rest of the volatile SEO industry, the tried and true concepts of web design don’t change very often. Every five years or so, search marketing professionals may have to adapt a few changes, but everything continuous to relate to a convenient user experience. That’s exactly why a custom mobile website (or “mobile-friendly” site) is so essential for businesses these days.
Consumer Search Habits
Mobile Device Use is Steadily Rising
When you need to make a reservation or order Chinese takeout, what device do you use?If you need directions to a new shopping area, how often do you print those instructions out? If your answers were “My phone, duh!” and “Never.”, you’ve fully embraced the age of mobile browsing. Smartphones account for more and more of our nation’s and the world’s search volume every year (2019 reports show 52%, and rising). We’re trending towards more time spent on our phones and less time spent on traditional desktops.
In short: people use their phones a lot, and your website has to keep up. Whether you design a website for mobile devices first or simply opt for a responsive (screen-fitting) site, always test design changes on a mobile device. It’s simply a smart thing to do.
Google Commands It
Google Prefers Websites Catered to Mobile
Google is not a company that shys away from consumer trends. In fact, consumer habits guide many of the search engine “laws” pouring out of the tech giant every year. That’s why Google now prioritizes websites that optimize for mobile devices (over those that cater to desktop only). If you have a gorgeous website that doesn’t conform to the hand-sized dimensions of an iPhone or Android phone, odds are you’ve already seen a significant drop in traffic.
Switch to a custom mobile website, and you’ll better serve both consumers and Google’s best interests.
Advantages of a Custom Mobile Website
Mobile sites are important because of the number of people who have access to them. But what are the true advantages of custom mobile websites? Below we will list several benefits that should convince you that a strong mobile design is imperative to your businesses. They are:
- Conversion Rate: Having an easily navigated and aesthetically pleasing mobile site has shown to increase conversion rates
- Direct Marketing: Mobile design helps companies market directly to their potential customers, at the source that is closest to them
- Location Targeting: Mobile devices possess location data, that can allow users to connect with businesses in the area
- User Engagement: Mobile websites offer great marketing opportunities that can keep users engaged, and interactive with platforms like social media, and email
There is no downside to a well-designed custom mobile website. In fact, to not have one is directly hurting your bottom line. The statistics will only continue to trend towards mobile searches, local searches, and mobile conversions, as time goes on. Companies should get on the mobile trend before it’s too late.
Choosing a Mobile Web Design
Many free sites offer pre-made mobile web designs. The problem with these are that they are scattered across the net so that an abundance of companies are all using the same designs. At Nolen Walker we believe that mobile websites should follow Google Quality Guidelines, and be unique and valuable. We create custom mobile designs for all of our clients.
If you are in the market for a custom mobile website, look no further than Nolen Walker. We will create your website with responsive design so that it can be displayed effectively on all device types, models, and variations. Our web design services go beyond custom mobile design and include various other exciting marketing techniques. For custom mobile web design, call 866-356-8198.